Translate

2/25/2023

 Let’s train!

Health Care. Vocabulary and Grammar in mini dialogues.

Task 1 Note! We say backache, stomachache, toothache, headache and earache, but we don't say chest ache, leg ache, etc. Instead, we say I've got a pain in my chest/leg. 

Complete the doctor s notes. Tick the correct injury.

1) Mr. Jones broke a beer glass and got a... on his finger. a) burn b) bruise c) cut

2) Miss Spring forgot to put cold water in the bath. Now she has a bad ... on her leg. a) bruise b) pain c) burn

3) Mrs. Miggins had an accident. She had a bad ... in her neck for a week. a) pain b) bruise c) cut

4) Tom Bennett fell over the cat and hit his head. He got a big ... over one eye. a) burn b) bruise c) pain

Task 2 Complete the sentences with a word from the box: ear infection, flu, backache, stomach ache, cold

 1) I had _______________ last week. I was very hot, and I ached all over. 2) Melissa's got an _______________ at the moment, so she can't hear anything. 3) I've eaten something bad and I've got a terrible ______________ now. 4) Don't go out without your coat on - you'll catch a ____________.  5) Some beds can give you ___________________, but mine is very comfortable.  

Task 3 In pairs - role-play a visit to the doctor. Use the expressions below to help you.

When you have finished, swap roles and describe a different illness. 

Student A: You are a patient and you've got the flu. Describe how you feel to the doctor. 

Student B: You are a doctor. Ask Student A how they feel, decide on the illness and give advice.

Talking about illnesses and injuries

Giving advice and instructions 

  • You should take one tablet. 
  • You need to rest. 

Describing symptoms 

  • It hurts. 
  • I feel sick. 
  • I've got a pain in my stomach. 
  • I've got an earache.

Немає коментарів: